8 Ways for Kansas City Seniors to Celebrate Fall
The fall season needs no introduction in Kansas City. Everyone here welcomes it with warm anticipation, and our community of residents at Claridge Court is no exception. We are excited to take advantage of all the events and activities the surrounding area has to offer as we celebrate all of the things that make autumn such a vibrant time of year here.
Autumn is a Special Time of Year in Kansas City
If you’ve lived in or around Kansas City, you know what to expect when the calendar turns to September and fall rolls around. The tree leaves are transformed into a familiar collage of burnt oranges, toasty reds and golden yellows. Families begin planning pilgrimages to the nearest pumpkin patch or apple orchard. Fall also means the return of football, and before long Chiefs fans will be making their presence felt in the stands of Arrowhead Stadium.
Fall Activities Around Kansas City
There is no shortage of seasonal events and activities in and around Kansas City to celebrate fall.
- The annual Weston Applefest, which is less than 45 minutes from downtown Kansas City, is a 28-year tradition featuring a parade, craft booths, homegrown produce and more.
- Kansas City Renaissance Festival runs from Saturday, Sept. 4, through Sunday, Oct. 17. Returning from a hiatus last year, the festival celebrates its 44th anniversary, having grown to be one of the largest renaissance festivals in the United States. Visitors to the 16th Century European village are guests of King Henry VII and his royal court, with village shops full of unique crafts, 25 stages of entertainment and delicious food and drink.
- If you and your family are looking for a pumpkin patch to visit, consider the KC Pumpkin Patch in Olathe, Carolyn’s Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch in Liberty or Faulkner’s Ranch and Pumpkin Farm south of 1-470 in Kansas City.
- The Cider Hill Family Orchard, northwest of Village West, is the place to pick apples.
Find Fall Fun at Home
Those who would like to stay closer to home as they celebrate the fall season need not fret. There are plenty of ways you can bring the fall spirit into your life without venturing far.
- Baking. You don’t have to wait until Halloween to add treats to your diet. The fall season is as good a time as any to start baking pies and other tasty treats. It’s even better if you have company to help you bake — though you may have to share the fruits of your labor.
- Leaf Peeping. Don’t miss out on all the beautiful foliage that spreads throughout the Kansas City area during the fall. If you’re not finding it around your home, a simple drive to Loose Park or The City Market can provide the vibrant fall colors you’re looking for.
- Festive Decorations. Bring the outdoors inside with home decor that reflects the colors of fall, from decorative leaves to a wreath on the door and a new welcome mat out front.
- Football. Nothing beats getting together with friends and family, and few activities provide better opportunities for a gathering than football. Go Chiefs!
Celebrate Fall at Claridge Court
There is no right or wrong way to celebrate fall, whether you choose to venture out or keep your celebration closer to home. What’s most important is that you have the opportunity to choose how you want to spend your fall, and that freedom is an essential part of our senior retirement community at Claridge Court. Here, we believe in providing our residents with an abundance of events, activities and amenities that help them live a more active and engaging lifestyle.
If you’re interested in learning more about the community at Claridge Court, you can schedule an in-person or virtual visit. Fill out the form below or give us a call at 913-383-2085.