Thanks to our commitment to excellence and handcrafted service, Claridge Court’s long-term care stands apart from standard skilled nursing facilities in the Kansas City area. Our Prairie Village, Kansas, skilled nursing neighborhood provides the ideal environment to continue living the life you want to lead. We encourage skilled nursing residents to bring their preferred furniture on a long-term basis. And, unlike many other nursing homes in Kansas City, our low resident-to-caregiver ratio allows us to provide a level of personalized care that respects your or your loved one’s experiences and desires.
Wound Care Services
Introducing our Wound Care Physician, Dr. Jesse Lopez
Dr. Lopez is a board-certified general and trauma surgeon of almost 30 years. He has extensive experience starting from his days as a general surgery resident in Chicago. His years of surgical and clinical practice have given him great exposure to complex traumatic wounds, pressure ulcers, and venous stasis ulcers among many other difficult wound conditions.
Dr. Lopez’s philosophy is wound care is always changing, but its fundamental principles remain the same. He believes the biggest missing ingredient in wound care today is not the latest technology, but a clinician who is passionate and cares deeply about the individual.
Those are the tools that Dr. Lopez utilizes that have contributed to the great success in the care of his patients.
- On-site, specialized geriatric physician
- Registered and practical nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Licensed social worker
- Activities coordinator
- Certified wound care physician, Dr. Lopez
- Advanced and complex wound care cases
- Designated wound care nurse
- Personalized wound care plans
- Partnership with American Wound Care Centers for visits
- In-suite flat screen television with cable, plus telephone
- Electric bed, dresser and wardrobe, telephone and window treatments
- Restaurant-style dining with chef prepared meals
- Private dining, with special-occasion catering
- On-site chaplain available upon request
- Full program of activities and events
- Regular pet interaction therapy
- Private family room
- Daily housekeeping
- Sensory garden
- Beauty salon
- TV lounge
Short- or long-term skilled care by trained professionals is often called for after an illness or injury. Some conditions that may require skilled care for seniors include:
- Cardiac failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Fall-related injury
- Hip or bone fracture
- Orthopedic surgery
- Parkinson’s disease
We encourage you to bring pictures, plants, mementos and other items to create a familiar, comfortable atmosphere.